Have you been thinking about improving your smile? Not sure if your family dentist can do this for you? Here are some points to consider when you’re seeking a cosmetic dentist:
- Experience – ask about how many smiles they have completed a “full mouth reconstruction” on and this will give you a good idea of how extensive your cosmetic dentist’s experience is
- Natural looking results – review their smile makeover portfolio to see if the results appear as though they are their original teeth. The sign of a great cosmetic dentist is that you cannot tell that they have had any “work done” at all.
- Customized treatment plan – select a dentist that will give you a good, better and best option because it shows that they’re keeping you in the driver’s seat and allowing you to make the final decision on your oral health.
- Time efficiency – does your cosmetic dentist value your time and minimize the amount of appointments necessary to get your smile improved quickly?
- On-site specialists – there are occasions when specialists are required for portions of your makeover. Rather than running around town, find a cosmetic dentist who brings the specialists into their office so it’s more convenient for you.
- Long-term considerations – during your consultation, verify that the cosmetic dentist is considering the neuromuscular aspects of your smile. If your bite isn’t perfect, your dental restorations will not last as long and it will hinder the longevity of your new smile. Find a cosmetic dentist who has advanced training in TMJ to ensure that this is considered.
- Artistry in dentistry – find a dentist who is meticulous in their approach to achieve a perfect smile for their patients. When you have a look at their portfolio it will provide clues for you.